Job Opening Electrical Engineer PE (8+ Years Experience)
Compliance – I-9 verification, no felonies within the last seven years, no Misdemeanor convictions involving drug use/possession within the last four years; Misdemeanor convictions involving theft of any kind including insufficient funds and check fraud within the last four years; Misdemeanor convictions involving violence of any kind within the last four years (subject to state and local law). Must pass background screening!
Location- Decatur, AL
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Industrial power distribution high and medium voltage, grounding & lightning protection, motor control systems, PLC’s including programming, instrumentation, lighting design
- Industrial and/or Petro Chemical environment background experience (a must)
- Arc Flash experience required (SKM Software preferred)
- Particular type of experience with PLCs and/or motor control system that are preferred: PLC’s mainly Allen Bradley, Siemens, Provox, Delta-V, Stahl and familiar with IS certification a plus. Siemens and Allen Bradley drives, Westinghouse, Siemens and Cutler-hammer on the Motor Control Centers.
- Knowledgeable in the current version of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and industrial wiring practices, including 480V 3-phase, 120 VAC, and 24 VDC systems.
- Proficiency in using SKM Power Tools for Windows software for performing short-circuit, coordination and arc flash hazard studies is preferred.
- Working knowledge of system and equipment grounding and bonding requirements (high resistance, building and isolated grounding)
- Strong knowledge of applicable building codes and industry standards (IEEE, IBC, AHRAE 90.1, NFPA 70E, etc.) is highly advantageous.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Alabama.
- Ability to produce power distribution system single line diagrams.
- Ability to size wire, conduit and overcurrent protection for both lighting and power applications.
- Ability to perform lighting level calculations using appropriate software.
- Ability to perform voltage drop calculations using appropriate software.
- Ability to develop Process and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs), PFDs, loop diagrams, installation details, conduit and cable schedules is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in the design, installation, and maintenance of low and medium voltage power systems would be helpful.
- Previous electrical design experience with an MEP engineering consultant would be helpful.
Salary range for this position based on experience.