Related experience in industrial and manufacturing environments. Experience to included, but not limited to, possessing the knowledge and skill to assist the Project Team in performing engineering calculations, generating drawings, and other technical duties. (S)he takes an active role in increasing their knowledge of the discipline and corporate procedures. Also, must be capable of directing and reviewing the work of designers and possess the ability to work with other disciplines.
• 8 to 10 plus years of experience in structural engineering with experience in the industrial market
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
• Ability to research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design and application
• Carries out design calculations as directed by Project/Lead Engineers. Examples of these calculations are:
• Structural member sizing (concrete and steel)
• Retaining wall design
• Foundation design (spread footings and piles)
• Wind/seismic load analysis
• Frame analysis
• Ability to carry out design calculations as directed by Project/Lead Engineers
• Ability to review drawings as assigned by the Project/Lead Engineers and mark or make corrections as noted
• Experience evaluating field installations and recommending design modifications to eliminate system malfunctions
• Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, STAAD, and ProSteel
• Experience performing preliminary analysis and feasibility studies
• Contact fabricators or suppliers to obtain pricing information.
• Ability to investigate and utilize applicable codes and standards such as the OSHA, AISC, ACI, ASCE, etc.
• Assist in defining engineering scope, budget and proposals
• Understanding of schedule and budget constraints
• Team player with good interpersonal skills
• Heavy background in industrial facilities and light commercial
• Ability to scope a project for budgetary estimates and work closely with clients to develop relationships and future business opportunity
Salary: Starting at or near $90k with growth potential (experience will determine salary)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree – Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering w/ (PE) Professional Engineering License